Answered By: Meghan Salsbury Last Updated: May 18, 2020 Views: 8
Help with Joining a Screensharing Session
Joining a screensharing session
- In your LibChat window, look for the invitation to join the screensharing session.
- Click the Start sharing the screen! link.
- If this is your first time using LibChat screensharing, a download will begin.
- If the download doesn't begin immediately, visit https://zoom.us/support/download to get the download started.
- On iOS devices, visit the App Store and search for the Zoom app.
- On Android devices, visit Google Play and search for the Zoom app.
- You will be prompted to enter your name.
- Click Join to be taken into the meeting.
Joining via your browser
If for some reason you are unable to download or install the Zoom meeting launcher, you can also join the screensharing session via your web browser. For this, we strongly recommend that you use Google Chrome (or other Chromium-based browsers, such as the new Microsoft Edge), as joining the meeting audio and other functionality may not work in Firefox or other browsers.
To join the meeting, simply click the Join from your browser link and enter a name when prompted.
Join the meeting Audio
Once you've signed in to the screensharing session, you'll be prompted to join the meeting audio (recommended).
- By joining the meeting audio, you and the other user will be able to talk with each other over a high-quality VoIP connection.
- Though you will most likely use your computer's audio, it is also possible to join by phone.
- You can mute and unmute your audio at any point during the session.
- If you prefer not to use audio during the session, click the red button to dismiss the audio conference options.